I have seen quite a bit of confusion in this area, as well as some inappropriate approaches to dealing with entities and imprints, especially on paranormal TV shows and in some of the fad based groups on the internet. It is important to note that both of these are energy forms, and that all is energy. Imprints are emotional or memory based remnants that have built up in particular areas either through intent, emotional attachment / experience, or memories. Entities are complete conscious beings; what we may refer to as ghosts, nature spirits, deity…
There are several different types of imprints, here I will list and describe them briefly from my perspective:
- Memory Ghosts or Memory Imprints: These are usually manifested via the senses based on a repetitive action such as a maternal figure baking cookies in the kitchen, or a paternal figure fishing by a local pond or creek. The resultant of a particular person leaving the imprint by simply doing this task over and over in this particular area. *Note,* this person can be very much still with us in the physical world.
- Emotional Ghosts or Emotional Imprints: These imprints are made by an emotional attachment or event that leaves the energies involved based purely in this feeling or set of feelings. An example would be an ancestral figure reading a story in a rocking chair, such as a Grandparent, and the emotional feeling of connection, security, or happiness. Another example would be the outpouring of love that was felt when a new child was brought into the world.
- Intentional Imprints: The focus of and idea or feeling into an object or place to have some sort of effect, such as security, protection, happiness, fear…
Like Imprints there are many different types of entities, most notable are ghosts, spirits, nature spirits, elementals, and deity. I will list these below also with brief descriptions:
- Ghosts: Spirit bodies of those that were once physical beings, that are no longer with us.
- Spirits: Very much like ghosts, but these can be spirit bodies of humans that are ethereal or astral projecting, ghosts themselves, or even beings that have never had a corporeal or physical form. Some examples would be sleeping peoples dream selves, spirits of the elements or elementals, and general spirits of animals.
- Nature Spirits: Mother Nature, Father Time, Jack Frost, Fey or Faeries, Lady of the Lake, to name a few as examples.
- Elementals: These are spirits made entirely of a specific element force, such as Earth, Air, Fire or Water.
- Deity: Deity are Gods and Goddesses, complete representations of larger ideas with full personalities and motivations. Some think of Deity as the all, some assign different personalities to specific archetypes, this can be quite an exhaustive subject in itself.
Many people treat these things in a way I would call inappropriate, such as mistaking imprints for entities or underestimating the amount of honor and respect given when interacting with entities. I also want to emphasize the importance of grounding, cleansing and protection when interacting with either. Here are some links on those subjects that I have written previously:
Ok, so there are my quick two-cents on this subject. Does you have a different perspective or any concerns? Please comment if you do, I look forward as always, to other points of view. Thanks for reading.
Copyright 2016, Jason J. Walton